Introduction – 9am
- Amy Rosenberg, FDA
- Anthony Fauci, NIAID
- Janet Woodcock, FDA
Session 1 – 9.20am: The changing cytokine response over the course of COVID-19 infection.
- Miriam Merad, Mount Sinai: Pathogenic Inflammation in COVID-19 patients.
- John Tsang, NIAID: TBA
- Frank van de Veerdonk, Radbound University: Integrated pathophysiological approach and treatment rationale for COVID-19.
- Q&A Moderator: Daniela Verthelyi, FDA
Session 2 – 10.30am: Cellular origins of the cytokine release syndrome and effects on adaptive immunity during COVID-19. Cellular origins of the cytokine release syndrome, lymphopenia, and T cell exhaustion.
- Chen Dong, Tsinghua University: Adaptive immunity to SARS-Cov-2 in convalescent individuals.
- Luigi D. Notarangelo, NIAID: Biomarkers of inflammation and dynamic changes of mononuclear cells in COVID-19.
- Xiaoyu Hu, Tsinghua University: Monocyte/macrophage phenotypes in COVID-19 patients.
- Q&A Moderator: Ranjan Sen, NIA
Session 3 – 12pm: Cytokine-targeted mitigation strategies for COVID-19 early and late stages of disease.
- Randy Cron, University of Alabama: Rationale for Effectiveness of Cytokines in Early Disease, and Cytokine Inhibition in Late Covid-19.
- Eleanor Fish, University of Toronto: Interferons as therapies for COVID-19.
- Michail Lionakis, NIAID: Targeting BTK to ameliorate hyper-inflammatory responses in severe COVID-19.
- Q&A Moderator: Hyun Park, NCI
Conclusion – 1.30pm
- Howard Young, NCI
- Annual CIG William E. Paul Award for Best Paper in Cytokine Research announcement, Niki Moutsopoulos, NIDCR
1,062 total views, 1 views today