The International Cytokine & Interferon Society (ICIS), is a non-profit organization of over 950 scientists devoted to research in the fields of cytokine, interferon and chemokine cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and the clinical use of these biological response modifiers. Bringing together scientists across many different research disciplines, the ICIS is the premier organization promoting the field of cytokine biology, impacting all aspects of medicine and leading to new treatments in autoimmune diseases, cancer, infectious diseases and inflammation. A common ground where scientists interested in all aspect of cytokine biology can join and work together to better human health.
The role of and effect of cytokines in every aspect of human health will continue to be identified and characterized and the use of cytokines themselves or antibodies to cytokines will become even more important tools in the arsenal of clinicians. Thus, the importance of the ICIS as a focal point for cytokine research will only continue to grow.
Membership Dues One Year Two Year Three Year
Academic/Government $75.00 $ 135.00 $200.00
Industry $250.00 $450.00 $650.00
Student/Post Doc n/a n/a $60.00
Emeritus Member $20.00 $35.00 $45.00
Life Member* $500.00 donation
* for academic/government members over the age of 55
ICIS Members normally receive a $100 discount ($50 for student/postdoc members; $250 for Industry members) to register for the Annual Meeting. However, academic/government as well as student/postdoc members will received FREE registration to the Virtual Meeting (if registered by the 1 July early-bird deadline) Cytokines2020 in Seattle
Registration Information for Cytokines2020: Click Here
Benefits of Membership
- The ability to network with leaders in the field of interferon and cytokines research. Above all, the rewards of your active participation in the premier Society dedicated to the promotion of cytokine biology are the international, multi-disciplinary and essential contacts you will make over the coming years, which have the potential to accelerate your career and scientific achievements.
- $100 discount on registration fees ($50 for student/postdoc Members; $250 for Industry Members) for the Annual Meeting. However, academic/government as well as student/postdoc members will received FREE registration to the Virtual Meeting (if registered by the 1 July early-bird deadline) Cytokines2020 in Seattle
- Awards Eligibility. ICIS members, both junior and senior investigators, are eligible for the Seymour & Vivian Milstein Award, the Milstein Young Investigator Awards, the Christina Fleischmann Award, the Sidney & Joan Pestka Graduate & Post Graduate Awards, the Honorary Life Membership Award and the ICIS Distinguished Service Award.
- Milstein Travel grants. Each year, 60 – 70 researchers are selected to receive travel grants, based on peer review of their submitted abstracts — a members only benefit, based on funding availability. Since 2020 is a Virtual Meeting, the top scoring abstracts requesting Milstein Abstract Awards will be awarded small best poster and best oral abstract awards ($100-200 each), and be recognized on the Virtual Meeting as Milstein Abstract Award winner presentations.
- Members are encouraged to share their job openings, industry news and recent publications and preprints with the ICIS to have them shared via the Society’s Website and Social Networking sites.
- Inclusion and access in the esteemed Membership Directory.
- Members are encouraged to contribute articles to the Signals Newsletter & and start discussions in the online version. Signals, the ICIS newsletter, is published two times per year.
- Access to historical perspectives on interferon research, written by members who were pioneers. These articles were published in the Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the discovery of interferon.
- Cytokine Careers online job board, all posted positions are posted on the website as well as shared within 24 hours to the society’s social networking sites.
Membership in the society is open to all individuals interested in cytokines, interferons and chemokines.
Description of Membership Types:
Academic/Government Member: Members who possess an earned baccalaureate or higher degree in science or medicine or the academic equivalent of the above, and are currently engaged in professional activities commonly associated with cytokine and interferon research in academia or government institutions.
Industry Member: ICIS provides membership for industry employees who are directly involved in research, education, and/or corporate leadership in the field of cytokine and interferon research, including small business owners and consultants. The goal is to strengthen the links between industry, academia and government scientists and to advance the therapeutic use of and targeting of cytokines, their commercialization and the success of biological response modifiers. Industry Members benefit from a $300 discount on Virtual Annual Meeting registration fees for Cytokines 2020 in Seattle.
Student/Post Doc: Postdoctoral fellows, graduates or undergraduate students involved in cytokine and interferon research or closely related academic disciplines, shall be eligible to become Student Members. Applications for Student/Postdoc membership must include a letter from the training advisor verifying status as a Student or Postdoc. Student Members pay a reduced membership fee so long they annually certify to the Society that they are engaged in full-time academic studies or research. Student Members are entitled to all rights and privileges of Members, including eligibility for society awards.
Emeritus Member: Members who have retired or become emeritus of his/her Institution may apply to the Council for admission to emeritus status. Emeritus Members pay a reduced membership fee and but shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of Members.
Lifetime Member: Academic/Government Members over the age of 55 may pay a once in a lifetime fee of $500 to remain an active member without having to renew dues ever again in the future.
Please use the online membership system to apply for member, but if you do not wish to use the online system, you can also download the membership application below, and send it back by email or fax, or mail it in with a check.