ICIS Members receive substantial discounts to register for the Annual Meetings which convenes the world’s experts on viruses & anti-viral responses, on the immune system and its functions in health & disease, leading to new treatments in autoimmune diseases, cancer, infectious diseases and inflammation.
The role of and effect of cytokines in every aspect of human health will continue to be identified and characterized and the use of cytokines themselves or antibodies to cytokines will become even more important tools in the arsenal of clinicians. Thus, the importance of the ICIS as a focal point for cytokine research will only continue to grow.
“My being involved with the society was considered a plus by NIH for my tenure and promotion. It demonstrated that I was involved with the international scientific community. 40 years later, it is still of value for new tenure tracks to demonstrate that they are not in a silo and are interacting with the broader scientific community.” Howard Young, PhD, Senior Investigator at the Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, USA (Founder and Editor of -ICIS Signals+ Newsletter since 1994, 2021 ICIS Mentorship Award Winner, Past-President of the International Society for Interferon and Cytokine Research, Chair of the ICIS Membership & Communications Committee.
Membership Dues One Year Two Year Three Year
Academic/Government $75.00 $ 135.00 $200.00
Industry $250.00 $450.00 $650.00
Student/Post Doc n/a n/a $60.00
Emeritus Member $20.00 $35.00 $45.00
Life Member* $500.00 donation
* for academic/government members over the age of 55
Membership Milestone:August 20, 2022
Students & Postdoc membership has grown the most in the last few years, currently making up 48% of total membership. The newly established ICIS Early-Career Researcher (ECR) Committee welcomes new members to join them in building on to the scientific home for everything cytokine and determining the future direction of the ICIS to provide what those newest to the field need to succeed.
MEMBERS BY MEMBER TYPE
|Academic/Government Life Membership||92|
|Student PostDoc Three Year Membership||571|
Cytokines 2022 Hybrid Meeting Information: Click Here
Benefits of Membership
- The ability to network with leaders in the field of interferon and cytokines research. Above all, the rewards of your active participation in the premier Society dedicated to the promotion of cytokine biology are the international, multi-disciplinary and essential contacts you will make over the coming years, which have the potential to accelerate your career and scientific achievements.
- $100 discount on registration fees ($50 for student/postdoc Members; $250 for Industry Members) for the Annual Meeting, as well as other discounts for Virtual Meeting participation.
- Members save over 85% on a Personal Online subscription to Journal of Interferon & Cytokine Research (login in for details on how to order).
- Awards Eligibility. ICIS members, both junior and senior investigators, are eligible for the ICIS Award for Excellence in Interferon and Cytokine Research (formerly the Seymour & Vivian Milstein Award from 1988 – 2020), the ICIS-Biolegend William E. Paul Award for Excellence in Cytokine Research, the Luminex Early Career Award, the ICIS Mentorship Award, ICIS-Honorary Life Membership Award and the ICIS Distinguished Service Award.
- ICIS Young Investigator Awards: the Regeneron New Investigator Awards (formerly the Milstein Young Investigator Awards), Christina Fleischmann Award to young women investigators, the Sidney & Joan Pestka Graduate & Post Graduate Awards, and the Amanda Proudfoot Tribute Award for trainees in Chemokine Biology.
- ICIS Trainee Travel awards. Each year, 50-60 student/postdoc members are selected to receive travel grants, based on peer review of their submitted abstracts — a members only benefit, based on funding availability.
ICIS Trainee Awards for Most Promising Research Presentations at the Cytokines Annual Meeting. Up to four (4) trainees with the highest scoring abstracts as per the scientific review committee, will be awarded $1,250 each and will be invited to give a presentation at Cytokines 2022 Hybrid Meeting, recognized as an ICIS Trainee Presentation, in the most appropriate session based on topic.
- Members are encouraged to share their job openings, lab news, awards they win, industry news and recent publications and preprints with the ICIS to have them shared via the Society’s Website and Social Networking sites with over 4,600 followers.
- Inclusion and access in the esteemed Membership Directory.
- Members are encouraged to contribute articles to the Signals+ Newsletter & and start discussions in the online version. Signals, the ICIS newsletter, is published two times per year, the digital version is continuously updated, with new stories shared via the ICIS social media platforms.
- Cytokine Careers online job board, all posted positions are posted on the website as well as shared within 24 hours to the society’s social networking sites.
Membership in the society is open to all individuals interested in cytokines, interferons and chemokines.
Description of Membership Types:
Academic/Government Member: Members who possess an earned baccalaureate or higher degree in science or medicine or the academic equivalent of the above, and are currently engaged in professional activities commonly associated with cytokine and interferon research in academia or government institutions.
Industry Member: ICIS provides membership for industry employees who are directly involved in research, education, and/or corporate leadership in the field of cytokine and interferon research, including small business owners and consultants. The goal is to strengthen the links between industry, academia and government scientists and to advance the therapeutic use of and targeting of cytokines, their commercialization and the success of biological response modifiers.
Student/Post Doc: Postdoctoral fellows, graduates or undergraduate students involved in cytokine and interferon research or closely related academic disciplines, shall be eligible to become Student Members. Applications for Student/Postdoc membership must include a letter from the training advisor verifying status as a Student or Postdoc. Student Members pay a reduced membership fee so long they annually certify to the Society that they are engaged in full-time academic studies or research. Student Members are entitled to all rights and privileges of Members, including eligibility for society awards.
Emeritus Member: Members who have retired or become emeritus of his/her Institution may apply to the Council for admission to emeritus status. Emeritus Members pay a reduced membership fee and but shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of Members.
Lifetime Member: Academic/Government Members over the age of 55 may pay a once in a lifetime fee of $500 to remain an active member without having to renew dues ever again in the future.
Please use the online membership system to apply for member, but if you do not wish to use the online system, you can also download the membership application below, and send it back by email or fax, or mail it in with a check.