The International Cytokine & Interferon Society (formerly ISICR and ICS) is a non-profit organization of over 1000 scientists devoted to research in the fields of cytokine, interferon and chemokine cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and the clinical use of these biological response modifiers. Bringing together scientists across many different research disciplines, the International Cytokine & Interferon Society is the premier organization promoting the field of cytokine biology, impacting all aspects of medicine, from cancer to autoimmune disease to neural development and function. A common ground where scientists interested in all aspect of cytokine biology can join and work together to better human health.
If you are a member who’s dues have expire, t is time to renew your 2018 membership in the International Cytokine & Interferon Society (ICIS), and your affiliation with the world-wide community of scientists devoted to research in the fields of cytokine, interferon, and chemokine biology. In the words of immediate Past President, —Tadatsugu Taniguchi, PhD, “The role of and effect of cytokines in every aspect of human health will continue to be identified and characterized and the use of cytokines themselves or antibodies to cytokines will become even more important tools in the arsenal of clinicians. Thus, the importance of the ICIS as a focal point for cytokine research will only continue to grow.”
Membership Dues One Year Two Year Three Year
Regular Member $60.00 $ 110.00 $160.00
Emeritus Member $20.00 $ 35.00 $ 45.00
Student/Post Doc n/a n/a $ 40.00
Life Member* $500.00 donation
* must be over 55
The fee is truly nominal but it does hugely help run the society and promote science.
Benefits of Membership
- The ability to network with leaders in the field of interferon and cytokines research. Above all, the rewards of your active participation in the premier Society dedicated to the promotion of cytokine biology are the international, multi-disciplinary and essential contacts you will make over the coming years, which have the potential to accelerate your career and scientific achievements.
- $100 discount on registration fees for the Cytokines 2018, 27-30 October in Boston, USA ($50 discount on Student/Postdoc registration)
- Awards Eligibility. ICIS members, both junior and senior investigators, are eligible for the Seymour & Vivian Milstein Award, the Milstein Young Investigator Awards, the Christina Fleischmann Award, the Sidney & Joan Pestka Graduate & Post Graduate Awards, the Honorary Life Membership Award and the ICIS Distinguished Service Award. Members can also make nominations to the Awards Committee for both the Honorary Life Membership and the Distinguished Services Awards.
- Milstein Travel grants. Each year, 50 – 70 researchers are selected to receive travel grants, based on peer review of their submitted abstracts — a members only benefit.
- Inclusion and access in the esteemed Membership Directory.
- Members are encouraged to contribute articles to the Signals Newsletter & and start discussions in the online version. Signals, the ICIS newsletter, is published two times per year.
- Access to historical perspectives on interferon research, written by members who were pioneers. These articles were published in the Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the discovery of interferon.
Membership in the society is open to all individuals interested in cytokines, interferons and chemokines.
Description of Membership Types:
Regular Member: Members who possess an earned baccalaureate or higher degree in science or medicine or the academic equivalent of the above, and are currently engaged in professional activities commonly associated with cytokine and interferon research.
Emeritus Member: Members who have retired or become emeritus of his/her Institution may apply to the Council for admission to emeritus status. Emeritus Members pay a reduced membership fee and but shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of Members.
Student/Post Doc: Postdoctoral fellows, graduates or undergraduate students involved in cytokine and interferon research or closely related academic disciplines, shall be eligible to become Student Members. Applications for Student/Postdoc membership must include a letter from the training advisor verifying status as a Student or Postdoc. Student Members pay a reduced membership fee so long they annually certify to the Society that they are engaged in full-time academic studies or research. Student Members are entitled to all rights and privileges of Members, including eligibility for society awards.
Lifetime Member: Members over the age of 55 may pay a once in a lifetime fee of $500 to remain an active member without having to renew dues ever again in the future.
Please use the online membership system to apply for member, but if you do not wish to use the online system, you can also download the membership application below, and send it back by email or fax, or mail it in with a check.2018ICIS_Application