Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative biologist to join Pfizer’s Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit in Cambridge MA. The successful applicant will have experience in human cell culture systems with knowledge of basic immunology. This role will support vigorous discovery research to identify cellular and molecular pathways that are relevant to the pathophysiology of inflammatory disorders at skin and gut mucosal barriers. This role will provide technical expertise to enable the development of novel therapeutics, with a focus on epithelial cell culture systems. The candidate will work both independently and part of interdisciplinary project teams.
How You Will Achieve It
- Develop and execute human cell culture model systems to elucidate mechanisms of action for potential therapeutic candidates.
- Identify, trouble-shoot, and optimize relevant assay systems, technologies, and readouts.
- Independently design experiments and interpret and track results.
- Organize, summarize, and present data.
- Work collaboratively with project teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Immunology, Biology, or related discipline
At least 4 years of laboratory experience in academia or industry for B.S. and 2 years for M.S.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture systems including cell lines and primary cell culture
- Experience with ELISA, western blot, DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR
- Highly motivated, independent, analytical
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn a range of cellular and molecular assay methods
- Experience with IHC, IF, confocal microscope
- Experience with in vivo models and ex vivo tissue processing
- Fast learner that can quickly adapt to changing project needs.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Relocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
To apply for this job please visit pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.