Website Eli Lilly and Company
We are seeking an ambitious post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to high visible research projects. Your work will contribute to the development of biomarkers which aid in the understanding of clinical and molecular heterogeneity in inflammatory skin disease. In this role, aligned with Lilly’s strategy, you will be leading the effort to:
- Establish an atopic dermatitis gene expression signature from human skin.
- Incorporate skin and blood multi-omic clustering analysis into Lilly databases.
- Develop blood biomarker(s) to accurately diagnose atopic dermatitis patients.
- Develop biomarker(s) to monitor the disease progression/therapeutic response.
- Immediate use of validated biomarkers discovered in this proposal for future clinical trials.
- Experimental design and conceptual planning of biomarker validation experiments using ex vivo human skin model with non-invasive sample collection techniques.
- Present findings at conferences and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
PhD in immunology or related life science field
If you are described with these skills, you could be a great fit for the role:
- Self-directed and highly motivated individual who wants to learn new techniques while continually pursuing research and publication goals.
- A strong team player with a collaborative attitude towards solving complex scientific problems.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) with presentation experience, along with a strong publication record.
- Strong background in immune mediated dermatological conditions
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing large datasets within R.
- Experience with molecular and cellular biology skills necessary for characterization of immune cell subsets (macrophages, dendritic cells, B and T cells, etc) including but not limited to cell culture and flow cytometry
- Experience in ELISA assay characterization and development
- Experience in designing and performing ex vivo & in vitro studies. Experience with tissue handling preferred.
- Understanding of multiplex protein and gene expression analysis
- Experience with, or deep knowledge of, mass spectrometric techniques and analysis
- Multiomics analysis within R environment.
- Proficient in data analysis, reporting, and adaptability to learn new techniques and technologies (Graphpad Prism, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Spotfire)
About Eli Lilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It is challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology, and chemistry – ultimately, bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team.
Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by some of Lilly’s top scientists
- Laboratory and classroom training and education to further your development
- Collaboration and networking across dozens of postdoctoral scientists and other researchers
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with the potential to extend to 3 years and for a maximum of up to 4 years. You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org