Member 2018 invoices will be sent soon to all those ICIS members who's memberships are due to expire on December 31, 2017, through the Society's online membership system. All Members have access to the new online membership directory and can access the nomination for for the 2018 ICIS Prestigious Awards, access the Cytokines 2018 Member Discount Code to register for the 6th Annual Meeting of the International Cytokine & Interferon Society in Boston 27-30 October, 2018, and apply for ICIS Travel Awards. Please renew today! The fee is truly nominal but it does hugely help run the society and promote science. And there are many personal perks (all listed below).
To login to the new secure online system, please click here.
Benefits of Membership
- The ability to network with leaders in the field of interferon and cytokines research. Above all, the rewards of your active participation in the premier Society dedicated to the promotion of cytokine biology are the international, multi-disciplinary and essential contacts you will make over the coming years, which have the potential to accelerate your career and scientific achievements.
- $50 discount on registration fees for the 6th Annual Meeting of the International Cytokine & Interferon Society in Boston 27-30 October, 2018, ($35 discount on Student/Postdoc registration)
- Awards Eligibility. ICIS members, both junior and senior investigators, are eligible for the Seymour & Vivian Milstein Award, the Milstein Young Investigator Awards, the Christina Fleischmann Award, the Sidney & Joan Pestka Graduate & Post Graduate Awards, the Honorary Life Membership Award and the ICIS Distinguished Service Award. Members can also make nominations to the Awards Committee for both the Honorary Life Membership and the Distinguished Services Awards.
- Milstein Travel grants. Each year, fifty to seventy-five researchers are selected to receive travel grants, based on peer review of their submitted abstracts — a members only benefit.
- Inclusion and access in the esteemed Membership Directory.
- Members are encouraged to contribute articles to the Signals Newsletter & and start discussions in the online version (coming soon). Signals, the ICIS newsletter, is published two times per year.
- Access to the ICIS slide repository containing over five hundred slides for use in lectures, seminars and courses.
- Access to historical perspectives on interferon research, written by members who were pioneers. These articles were published in the Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the discovery of interferon.
ICIS Executive Committee & Membership Chair:
Tadatsugu Taniguchi - President
Nancy Reich - President-Elect
Sarah Gaffen - Secretary
Karen Mossman - Treasurer
Dusan Bogunovic, Membership Committee Chair