Already a member or have been a member in the past?
Renew your dues today!
Become a part of the world-wide community of scientists devoted to research in the fields of interferon, cytokine &
chemokine cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry
Not comfortable renewing online?
Download rewnewal form and renew your dues today!
Membership Dues One Year Two Year Three Year
Regular Member $60.00 $ 110.00 $160.00
Emeritus Member $20.00 $ 35.00 $ 45.00
Student/Post Doc n/a n/a $ 40.00
Life Member* $500.00 donation
* must be over 55
Subscription to Journal of Interferon & Cytokine Research $464 (Online Only)
Subscription to Cytokine Journal $179
You can also download the membership application by clicking the button below, and send it back by email or fax, or mail it in with a check. To fill the form out digitally, please download it to your computer and open in Adobe or Acrobat.
Benefits of Membership
- The ability to network with leaders in the field of interferon and cytokines research. Above all, the rewards of your active participation in the premier Society dedicated to the promotion of cytokine biology are the international, multi-disciplinary and essential contacts you will make over the coming years, which have the potential to accelerate your career and scientific achievements.
- $100 discount on registration fees for the Cytokines 2018, 27-30 October in Boston, USA ($50 discount on Student/Postdoc registration)
- Awards Eligibility. ICIS members, both junior and senior investigators, are eligible for the Seymour & Vivian Milstein Award, the Milstein Young Investigator Awards, the Christina Fleischmann Award, the Sidney & Joan Pestka Graduate & Post Graduate Awards, the Honorary Life Membership Award and the ICIS Distinguished Service Award. Members can also make nominations to the Awards Committee for both the Honorary Life Membership and the Distinguished Services Awards.
- Milstein Travel grants. Each year, 50 - 70 researchers are selected to receive travel grants, based on peer review of their submitted abstracts — a members only benefit.
- Inclusion and access in the esteemed Membership Directory.
- Members are encouraged to contribute articles to the Signals Newsletter & and start discussions in the online version. Signals, the ICIS newsletter, is published two times per year.
- Access to historical perspectives on interferon research, written by members who were pioneers. These articles were published in the Journal of Interferon and Cytokine Research to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the discovery of interferon.
Membership in the society is open to all individuals interested in cytokines, interferons and chemokines.
Description of Membership Types:
Regular Member: Members who possess an earned baccalaureate or higher degree in science or medicine or the academic equivalent of the above, and are currently engaged in professional activities commonly associated with cytokine and interferon research.
Emeritus Member: Members who have retired or become emeritus of his/her Institution may apply to the Council for admission to emeritus status. Emeritus Members pay a reduced membership fee and but shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges of Members.
Student/Post Doc: Postdoctoral fellows, graduates or undergraduate students involved in cytokine and interferon research or closely related academic disciplines, shall be eligible to become Student Members. Applications for Student membership must be sponsored by a Member in good standing. Student Members pay a reduced membership fee so long they annually certify to the Society that they are engaged in full-time academic studies or research. Student Members are entitled to all rights and privileges of Members, including eligibility for society awards.
Lifetime Member: Members over the age of 55 may pay a once in a lifetime fee of $500 to remain an active member without having to renew dues ever again in the future.
Sustaining Members. Companies or individuals with demonstrated activity and beneficial interest in the field of cytokines or interferons may be elected as Sustaining Members by vote of the Council. Individuals recognized as Sustaining Members may vote or hold office only if otherwise admitted as Members. Sustaining Membership is defined as a commitment to donate to the ICIS a minimum of $1000/year for 3 consecutive years.